The source of our greatest pain, and possibly our salvation
This will likely be the largest category. Why? The biggest obstacle that we face is the generally held belief that we are sick. It has been a long fight to have much of what we do declassified as a pathology, but we haven't completely won yet. Governments and public opinion, as well as some mental health professionals, still hold the belief that what we do is a pathology.
However, this is also an area of study that is researching us. Sexology, transpersonal psychology, and even clinicians are studying us and writing about us and normalising us.
While we can probably thank Richard von Krafft-Ebing's Psychopathia Sexualis for originally classifying us as sick, which has been carried down through a long line of psychologists after him, we can also look to the research labs that are today trying to understand why we enjoy the things we do.
Also, since this is a research-based show, I will have a lot of those researcher types on to tell us what they are discovering about us.
- Check your motive (Episode 38)2017-10-06Psychological Play? Or Abuse? Motive Matters On October 11th, I will be talking to Sue Storm, host of In Bed with Dr Sue. We will be talking about a few topics, but they are all related. They deal with motive. Humiliation Play is a form of […]
- Cuckoldry: Insatiable Wives (Episode 27)2017-06-18You want me to what?! Are you cuckoo?? Cuckoldry. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word? Do you think of a husband who can’t satisfy his wife so she cheats on him? Or, maybe you think of some poor schmuck who has […]
- A Current BDSM Research Study (Ep 26)2017-06-11BDSM Research Opportunity Your chance to be heard A current BDSM research study: The Pfaus Laboratory for Sexual Neuroscience and Cognition is currently conducting a descriptive study to examine the diversity of BDSM sexual practices among the […]
- Anthropomorphic Research (Episode 23)2017-05-13Anthropomorphic Research = Fur Science! What is a Furry? That is what we aim to learn … and I found the perfect person to dismantle the stereotypes and give us data. Yes, real data. He studies furries and fandoms and is a furry himself. […]
- Sexual Authenticity: Decoding Your Kink (Episode 16)2017-02-04Decoding Your Kink is a roadmap to Sexual Authenticity When I first discovered Galen Fous’ book, I thought, “Oh, another BDSM 101“, but I decided to read it anyway. I firmly believe that this old dog can learn new tricks. […]
- Porn Genome Research Project (Episode 14)2017-01-05What is pornography? Welcome to the Porn Genome Project, an ambition research endeavour that seeks to map the genetic elements of pornography in a similar fashion to human DNA. Think about that question. How do you define pornographic material? What […]
- Purposeful Pain (Episode 12)2016-12-09Purposeful Pain: A Comparison of BDSM Participants and Individuals who Engage in Non-Suicidal Self-Injury Anyone who engages in consensual masochism has probably encountered someone with the bias that those of us who enjoy receiving pain are […]
- Dancing with your Shadow (Episode 8)2016-10-04Shadow Dancing; Fantasy, Reality and all points in between On Wednesday, October 5th, I will be joined by Dr Michael Aaron, author of the upcoming book, Modern Sexuality: The Truth About Sex and Relationships to talk about sexual fantasies and our […]
- How to Decide if You Need Counselling after a Trauma2016-09-07How to Decide if You Need Counselling after a Trauma If you have been affected by a traumatic event, only you can decide if you need counselling. But, how can you be certain? Dr Laura Coleman was kind enough to provide this guide in support of her […]
- Finding Appropriate-for-You Mental Health Care2016-09-07Finding Appropriate-for-You Mental Health Care Sometimes, it is necessary to reach out for professional help. If you find yourself in crisis, please seek out someone who can provide the mental health care you require. Guest Contribution […]
- How to Help When Your BDSM Community Has an Abuse Crisis2016-09-03Due to recent events within the Ontario community, I enlisted the help of Dr Laura Coleman. I want to provide resources for dealing with allegations of abuse against people we hold in high esteem. The circumstances of this case involve children, but […]
- When People We Know Stand Accused (Episode 5)2016-08-28They stand accused … This episode has nothing to do with BDSM. Recent events involving people in the Toronto, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta scenes inspired this episode, but there is nothing kinky about the allegations. These people stand […]
- Narcissism, The Current N-Word (Episode 2)2016-07-21Narcissism: The current N-Word It probably isn’t the one you are thinking. There is a new n-word that has risen through the ranks to be the ultimate slur … narcissist. But, is being narcissistic really the evil that it is portrayed to be? Are […]
- The problem with stereotypes, or “I believe” (Episode 1)2016-07-11Stereotypes, Prejudice and Discrimination. I address them all in the inaugural episode of Stereo-Typed “I believe …” Stereotypes are prevalent in our culture. They lead to prejudice as well as discrimination. In my inaugural […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Latest posts by Camille Beaujolie (see all)
- Rats in Jackets (Episode 49) - 2018-01-24
- Threesomes and the One-Time Rule of Homosexuality (Episode 46) - 2017-12-13
- Books: The Gift of Words - 2017-12-11
Like what you see or hear? Please consider joining my Sugar Daddy Collective and help me bring more interesting topics your way on a weekly basis.
References [ + ]
|1.||↑||source PornHub Insights|
|2.||↑||Waterloo, Ontario, Canada|
|3.||↑||FurScience Universal Recruitment Project|
|4.||↑||As Dr Michael Aaron explained in Episode 8, philia simply means “love”|
|5.||↑||Note: The IndieGoGo campaign has ended, but I am sure that we will be hearing more about the porn genome|