I'll tell you a secret - this is a philosophical show!
I sometimes describe this show as an "Epistemology of Kink". And, it is. We are studying beliefs and knowledge. We are looking at what we believe and why. That is epistemology. It is one of the five major branches of philosophy but it isn't the only one that is discussed on this show.
Any time we talk about what something is, we are discussing Metaphysics. What we should (or shouldn't) do? That's ethics. Politics (what force is permissible?) and Aesthetics (what could life be like?) round out the five major branches. At some point, all of these will be discussed (most already have to some degree).
The show started off philosophically with a discussion of beliefs, moved into ethics, and we have returned to ethical questions several times. In a way, it is the nature of things ...
- Sexual Monogamy (Episode 24)2017-05-28What’s Wrong with Sexual Monogamy? That’s a good question! Monogamy, as we understand it today, is actually a recent development in our cultural approach to relationships and, quite frankly, it is problematic for many people. So why are […]
- Medicalization of Love (Episode 19)2017-03-17Can we “cure” love? The Medicalization of Love. Is it possible? Should it be done? The dual nature of love In Episode 18, Carrie Jenkins and I discussed the nature of love. It has a dual nature; part biology and part social construct. […]
- What Is Love? (Episode 18)2017-03-03Love: A Metaphysical Conversation. Love; what is it? It is a many splendored thing and it is in the air. Or, so we are told. It is a chemical concoction in our brains, also known as an emotion. Is it a mystery to unravel or something that we will […]
- Tell Me A Story (Episode 6)2016-09-15Tell Me A Story Imagine that you are planning on having a scene with someone. What elements are you considering? Your toys? Your techniques? Where and when? Perhaps, you are contemplating adding psychological elements to your play. These are all […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Latest posts by Camille Beaujolie (see all)
- Rats in Jackets (Episode 49) - 2018-01-24
- Threesomes and the One-Time Rule of Homosexuality (Episode 46) - 2017-12-13
- Books: The Gift of Words - 2017-12-11
Like what you see or hear? Please consider joining my Sugar Daddy Collective and help me bring more interesting topics your way on a weekly basis.