Belonging and taking care of those you care about
We call it a community. We are a collection of beings seeking to belong. How we interact and care for one another is what matters.
The following are writings that fall under that general description (though they may also be listed elsewhere.)
- Home Safe! Safety Calls – of a different sort2017-03-06“Home Safe” Calls – a standard of care I frequently attend events by myself. If I am not actually solo at the event, there comes a time when I will be travelling solo back to my home. Most of my social engagements are an hour+ from […]
- A journey of a thousand miles …2017-02-03A Single Step 千里之行，始於足下 A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step ~Laozi Another collection of scattered thoughts coughed up like a furball We call this thing a journey for a reason Growth, self-discovery, the discovery of those around […]
- What has FetLife ever done for us?2017-01-20Apart from: allowing us to friend, follow, and interact privately with other kinky people, allowing us to create and post events so we can find fun things to do, adding a group component so we can have discussions with multiple people at once, […]
- The 4Cs of BDSM (Episode 13)2016-12-21From “SSC” and “RACK” to the “4Cs”: Introducing a new Framework for Negotiating BDSM Participation. The existing models don’t quite do it. Within the BDSM community, we use phrases like “safe, sane and […]
- Mr Cocky mug give-away contest (Episode 11)2016-11-28Listen to Episode 11 for your chance to win a pair of Mr Cocky mugs!! Here’re all the deets for the contest: As noted in the episode promo, there is a special incentive to listen in to the show. A pair of Mr_Cocky mugs will go to one lucky […]
- Give til it hurts (Episode 11)2016-11-28Kinksters for Critters Give all you can, then give some more It sounds like the motto of a masochistic, service-oriented, submissive, doesn’t it? And, it could very well be, but it isn’t what we’ll be talking about on Episode 11 of […]
- How to Help When Your BDSM Community Has an Abuse Crisis2016-09-03Due to recent events within the Ontario community, I enlisted the help of Dr Laura Coleman. I want to provide resources for dealing with allegations of abuse against people we hold in high esteem. The circumstances of this case involve children, but […]
- When People We Know Stand Accused (Episode 5)2016-08-28They stand accused … This episode has nothing to do with BDSM. Recent events involving people in the Toronto, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta scenes inspired this episode, but there is nothing kinky about the allegations. These people stand […]
- Grab Bag – Events (Episode 3)2016-08-23An eventful episode full of events Events. They are a major occurrence in our subculture. Camping, play parties, munches. We can’t seem to get enough of them. In this episode, AuntieSocial is going to reach down between your legs and give a […]
- Narcissism, The Current N-Word (Episode 2)2016-07-21Narcissism: The current N-Word It probably isn’t the one you are thinking. There is a new n-word that has risen through the ranks to be the ultimate slur … narcissist. But, is being narcissistic really the evil that it is portrayed to be? Are […]
- Help me, my friends …2016-06-01What am I up to and why do I need your help? I need your help with a massive undertaking. I am pretty opinionated (or is that pretty and opinionated?). Writing is something I do a lot of and I believe in having a voice and using it. I, sporadically, […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Like what you see or hear? Please consider joining my Sugar Daddy Collective and help me bring more interesting topics your way on a weekly basis.