What can I possibly tell you?
Everyone once in a while, there will be postings that are opinion based, but are meant to give advice based on my years of experiences with the BDSM, "kink" and/or polyamory communities. Also, have a lot of experience with a major social media network, I have seen things that work, and a lot that hasn't. Keep in mind that these are very much my opinions based on experience and observation. YMMV.
The following are writings that fall under that general description (though they may also be listed elsewhere.)
- Sexual Incompatibility is Survivable2017-07-03My Successful Sexless Marriage I have been married for 25 years. On July 5, 2017, my husband and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and we have a happy, healthy sexless marriage. Sexual Incompatibility – we have that in spades. […]
- Hate: Break the silence2017-05-23How A Whisper Can Drown A Scream Hate … It is an ugly blot on our society. Hate isn’t new, by any means, but we seem to be more aware of it these days. Every day, we see headlines of crimes that are motivated by hatred. Friends and […]
- Home Safe! Safety Calls – of a different sort2017-03-06“Home Safe” Calls – a standard of care I frequently attend events by myself. If I am not actually solo at the event, there comes a time when I will be travelling solo back to my home. Most of my social engagements are an hour+ from […]
- FetLife; Your Golden Ticket to the Wonky World of BDSM2017-02-20Congratulations! You found the golden ticket! FetLife is the largest social networking site for kinky people. For new people, just discovering the wonderful world of BDSM, finding FetLife could feel like finding the golden ticket in a Wonka Bar. […]
- Point, click, Voila! “Dick Pic!”2017-02-18The unsolicited “Dick Pic!” and what they mean to THIS woman Since the emergence of the selfie phenomenon, people have been snatching pictures of their most intimate parts and releasing them into the cybersphere. I say people and I mean […]
- Consent: How do you take your tea?2017-02-13Tea and Consent By now, I’m sure most of you have heard the tea analogy for consent. If not, you can see it done below. It was put out there as a simple method of understanding consent, but is it enough? I don’t believe it is. It covers […]
- Respect is earned: I can call you Sir?2017-02-06I can call you “Sir”, you say? Are you allowing me to call you Sir? How gracious of you! Really! I just met you but you are being kind enough to grant me a short-cut to a large portion of the process of building relationships, trust and […]
- Sexual Authenticity: Decoding Your Kink (Episode 16)2017-02-04Decoding Your Kink is a roadmap to Sexual Authenticity When I first discovered Galen Fous’ book, I thought, “Oh, another BDSM 101“, but I decided to read it anyway. I firmly believe that this old dog can learn new tricks. […]
- A journey of a thousand miles …2017-02-03A Single Step 千里之行，始於足下 A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step ~Laozi Another collection of scattered thoughts coughed up like a furball We call this thing a journey for a reason Growth, self-discovery, the discovery of those around […]
- The 4Cs of BDSM (Episode 13)2016-12-21From “SSC” and “RACK” to the “4Cs”: Introducing a new Framework for Negotiating BDSM Participation. The existing models don’t quite do it. Within the BDSM community, we use phrases like “safe, sane and […]
- Can we stop with the “SSC” already? Please?2016-12-12Is it time to retire “SSC”? I think so. There is a prevailing tendency within our community to look at milder BDSM activities as Safe, Sane, Consensual (SSC) and the rougher/tougher practices as Risk Aware Consensual Kink (RACK). I have […]
- Dancing with your Shadow (Episode 8)2016-10-04Shadow Dancing; Fantasy, Reality and all points in between On Wednesday, October 5th, I will be joined by Dr Michael Aaron, author of the upcoming book, Modern Sexuality: The Truth About Sex and Relationships to talk about sexual fantasies and our […]
- Tell Me A Story (Episode 6)2016-09-15Tell Me A Story Imagine that you are planning on having a scene with someone. What elements are you considering? Your toys? Your techniques? Where and when? Perhaps, you are contemplating adding psychological elements to your play. These are all […]
- Authenticity – Getting Real (Episode 4)2016-08-23Getting Real – Authenticity in Kink On this episode, I will be talking to Justin Decerous about “real” BDSM and other topics. I first discovered Justin whenKinkly.com showcased his blog as the sex blogger of the month for June […]
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Like what you see or hear? Please consider joining my Sugar Daddy Collective and help me bring more interesting topics your way on a weekly basis.