Politics and Sex have made for interesting bedfellows throughout history
Hey there! Hello! It’s me, Camille/AuntieSocial. You know, the host of that radio show/podcast about kink misconceptions and alt-sexuality research. But, today, I want to talk about politics.
If you follow me on social media, you might have noticed that I have been getting quite political. Well, bear with me for a few moments and I’ll explain a few things:
Life is politics, politics is life
- I have always been political, I just don’t always talk about it. You see, for me, everything I do, everything I enjoy, everything I have is because of s. Some battles were fought for me in world wars. Others, I have had to fight myself. If there was not a political movement seeking equality for all, I would be living a nonconsensual 1950’s household.
- I’m the host of an alternative sexuality research-based podcast. Alt-Sex is political. We are the marginalized. Whether it is because of our sexual orientation, gender identity, or what we enjoy as sexual leisure, we are not the majority. That means we need education, awareness campaigns and lobbying.
- If I am not part of the solution, I am part of the problem. My gift, yes, I will call it a gift, is spreading information. So, I will use my social media platforms to spread awareness about us and challenge misinformation when I see it.
- We are under attack. All of us. Yes, I am Canadian, but what happens in the United States, in the UK, in various other parts of the world affects me. It affects all of us. Movements, good or evil, have a way of spreading. We need to ensure that the positive and long-term healthy movement is the one that gets and gains traction.
How is he doing so far?
Mr Trump was sworn in on Friday. (BTW, I will not call him President or POTUS. SCROTUS works, though.) Here is a very simplistic overview of his first two full days in office:
He berated the free press for spreading fake news when they had reported the facts. This is an assault on the First Amendment. The White House made its first official press conference. They perpetuated the lie. Spicer refused to allow the press to ask questions and made a clear statement that the only news that is to be reported is what they spoon feed us.
At the same time, millions of people were exercising their First Amendment right to peaceful protest. That was a beautiful thing to see.
The White House’s prime spin doctor defended the misinformation by using diversion tactics and labelling the flat out lie from the Press Secretary as “alternative facts”. They are trying to normalise their lies and distract from the facts by confusing the issue with non-issues. This is the formation of the de facto Ministry of Propaganda.
This same individual also stated that it is time for Mr Trump to replace the intelligence community with his own agents. This, my friends, is the beginning of the Secret Police.
And that is just his first two days. The administration considers tomorrow as their first official day.
And now for a musical interlude
So, yes, I am a kinky person who has a radio show. However, if I am to remain free to enjoy the things I enjoy … no, if I am to remain free to enjoy life at all, I must be part of the resistance. It is necessary to active in politics. I will continue to use my platform to spread awareness of our truth, whether that is dispelling misconceptions about kink, or resisting the oppressive state that wishes to further marginalise, or eliminate, us.
You’re the voice, try and understand it
Make a noise and make it clear
We’re not gonna sit in silence
We’re not gonna live with fear
Resources and Links to other media
I have recorded a mini-podcast that expresses my views on being “political”. Consider it a call to action. Be loud. Be proud. Be vocal. Be active.
Here are the links I mention in the recording.
How to find your political representatives
- Members of Parliament (Canada)
- House and Senate Representatives (US)
- Members of Parliament (UK)
- Members of Parliament (Australia)
VICE Articles by Dr Neil McArthur (my guest on Episode 15)
Virginia Federal District Court Ruling
Canadian Polyamory Laws
My writings on Canadian law on FetLife.
A bit about:
Stream the archive now.
Subscribe to Stereo-Typed on your favourite podcast app.
Like what you see or hear? Please consider joining my Sugar Daddy Collective and help me bring more interesting topics your way on a weekly basis.