Kinksters for Critters
Give all you can, then give some more
It sounds like the motto of a masochistic, service-oriented, submissive, doesn’t it? And, it could very well be, but it isn’t what we’ll be talking about on Episode 11 of Stereo-typed. I’ll be talking about charity … and to the founders of a charity that is well known on FetLife.
On Wednesday, November 30th, I will be talking to the co-founder(s) of a registered charity that raises funds to support animal causes (our original furry friends), through innovative means, such as an on-line auction with kinky items donated by members of our local and on-line communities. For the purposes of this show, we will be calling them Kinksters for Critters (KfC) (more on that later). If you are a member of FetLife, you can visit their profile.
Charity? I thought you were all about stereotypes!
Why am I doing an episode on KfC? What does that have to do with stereotypes or assumptions or anything else that is related to this show? Well, I can give you a number of reasons and they might go as follows:
- Our money is perceived as dirty, or less green, than non-kink, non-adult companies and/or organisations … banks and fundraisers are happy to take our money, as long as it isn’t tainted with our sexual interests (i.e., we donate anonymously, or in the name of a “social club”). If you want more information about this, I would like to direct your attention to a writing/rant by phi-is-me (the link is down below).
- There is a presumption that kinky people are all about sex, or kink, or sex and kink, but kink doesn’t exist in a bubble. I have said that before, and I will, undoubtedly, say it again. As a kinky person, I have interests outside of kink. There are some people who believe that non-kinky subjects don’t belong on FetLife or a kink-centred radio show … but politics and charitable causes are a part of our lives, and as a kinky person, that means they are a part of my life.
- I can talk about “Community in action” and that the success of the KfC auctions on FetLife is proof of what can be accomplished when we come together to work towards a common, and worthy, goal.
I can easily use any, or all, of these as a justification for why this topic fits into the show’s focus … but they are just that, justifications. I could rant about the unjust views of kinksters in mainstream society, I could rave about the positive influence that Fetlebrity status and frequent trips to K&P can have for a cause, but I don’t want to. I am, quite frankly, politic’d-out at the moment. Instead, I want to focus on the spirit of giving, the importance of charity and of helping those in need.
This is my soapbox …
This is a charity that I have supported, and continue to support. It is a charity that was founded by kinksters, just like you and me, because they saw a need and wanted to do something good in this world. In the past, I have helped acquire items for their auction, I have promoted the organisation, as well as donating money to the cause. As Crazy Heart has said in the past, this is my soapbox. So, if you will grant me the indulgence, I want to use it to raise awareness of Kinksters for Critters and their upcoming auction, which is filled with kinky products and services, some of which can only be found in the auction.
On November 30th, I will be joined by NaughtyHotty, one of the co-founders of Kinksters for Critters. If scheduling permits, liquiderotica will also be joining in on the conversation.
I want me some Mr Cocky!
Who knows, maybe Mr_Cocky will pop up for an appearance. Oh, wait, this is a radio show, and he is a silent-type, so you won’t be able to see him if he does. Hey, a girl can dream about having more cocky in her life, can’t she? But, seriously, if you scroll through the pictures on Mr Cocky’s profile on FetLife, you will see that
a) he is a huge supporter of the charity, and
b) dick pics can be creative and fun.
Of course, Crazy Heart will be working away in the background in the “production booth” and she will likely be in the company of her new critter pal, Bubba.
We will be talking about the history of the organisation, some of their success stories, and most importantly, how you can help make a difference in the lives of some critters who need some loving.
Those justifications were real, though
There is one thing that I need to make a note of … remember my justification #1? Well, that is real. For some reason, a charitable organisation that does great work outside of kink circles can be adversely affected if they are associated with adult activities. This is a reality. So, we will not be using the actual name of the charity on the show. That information is available on FetLife. Instead, we will be referring to it as “Kinksters For Critters“. Remember, even though kink has become a mainstream topic, not everyone who is involved with kink can be out about it. Additionally, it is very important that we protect and maintain the vanilla appearance of the organisation. The work they do is vanilla.
Everyone loves a contest
And, if all of that wasn’t enough incentive to listen in on the episode, there will also be a pair of Mr Cocky mugs given to one lucky listener. Details of the contest will be posted on a separate entry. Rules and How-to’s
(there is more information available on the FetLife discussion thread)
- Kinksters for Critters (Your source for Mr Cocky mugs, because who doesn’t want to have a little bit of cocky in the morning?)
- FetLife Profile (requires membership on FetLife to view the contents)
- “Let Adults be Adult” by Oh, that Phi – Blog posting (Linked with permission)
- FetLife Discussion for this episode – as noted above, we are keeping a wall between the kinky and vanilla activities of the organisation
A bit about:
Stream the archive now.
Subscribe to Stereo-Typed on your favourite podcast app.
Like what you see or hear? Please consider joining my Sugar Daddy Collective and help me bring more interesting topics your way on a weekly basis.